The job posting for the Age Friendly Community Coordinator position is now on the East Kootenay Employment website and in The Golden Star. The deadline to submit a resume and cover letter is 2pm on Friday, April 24.
The Age Friendly Community coordinator will aim to oversee, promote and encourage implementation of the Age Friendly Community Plan (AFCP) in order to create a supportive, welcoming and vibrant environment for older adults. This person will work
collaboratively with the Age Friendly Committee and community.
· Post-secondary education or a minimum of 2-years experience in a related position
· A demonstrated ability in program support, coordination and event management
· Experience working on initiatives and/or collaboratives involving many stakeholders
· Knowledge of needs, issues and services related to older people
· Self- motivated and able to work as part of a team
· Experience with grant writing
· Excellent computer skills (e.g. creating documents and Power Point Presentations, social media)
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
Oversee, promote and encourage implementation of the AFCP
· Organize and facilitate presentations, meetings, and events
· Preapre meeting materials, presentations and reports
· Research events different funding options to sustain the coordinator's position and ensure the goals of the Age Friendly Committee and plan are met
Wage: $25/hour x 15 hours/week
Contract runs from end of April to January 8, 2016 (Funded by the Columbia Basin Trust; Golden Community Resources Society is the employer)
To view the Age Friendly Community Plan, visit the following link: http://www.goldenloom.ca/age-friendly.html.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Monica De at email@example.com by April 24, 2015, 4pm.